This week has been the first week of real sunshine after a very long rainy and grey winter but thankfully no snow.
I immediately thought it wont be long now until I can be sat in the sunshine enjoying my traditional Devon cream tea. That then got me thinking what else can I use the lovely, rich clotted cream for? So here is my top ten.
1. In a CREAM TEA with real strawberries (yum, Yum)
2. As a filling in my other favourite Victoria Sponge.
3. Sirloin steak with sauce thickened with clotted cream.
4. Jelly with clotted cream for parties.
5. On cooler nights stir it into and try to put on top of hot chocolate.
6. Apple Pie and clotted cream.
7. Coke and clotted cream float.
8. Naughty, naughty in mashed potato.
9. On barbecued bananas – had that before yummy and just add a little chocolate sauce for more decadence.
What is yours?